• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree12Likes

Thread: British Expats don't want to return to the UK

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      I cant anticipate a move back to the UK but who knows?? If I did it would be for family reasons I reckon. I dont think I could ever live back in my hoime town having experienced such a brighter/better lifestyle here. there are a number of countries Id love to try, parts of the US, Spain, NZ all appeal.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Hoff to Oz
      Its alot harder to emigrate from the uk these days, the pounds plummetted against all the worlds major currencies and if your like us, moving now would cost us a fortune, most people come back because they miss their families, plus break ups and a number of other reasons, not because things aren't great in Australia.

Thehatandswag
      Wouldnt consider it myself. Too happy here, past is past!
      Aldo likes this.

chris955
      I must admit that 5 years ago I would have said the exact same thing.

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      I would like to think we would stay here forever especially as my children will be grown up and have their own 'aussie' familys, leaving them here would make moving back to the UK very difficult for me. On the flip side due to health reasons there is a possibility that at somepoint in the next few years we may need to go back, hopefully it wouldnt be a permanent thing and within a year or 2 we could return to QLD but who knows what the future holds,, hence dual citizenship for me.lol.

Cal x
      Hoff to Oz likes this.

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Hoff to Oz
      It is a real concern to us with the kids because they say they would come back if we emigrated, when they are old enough, but.......... would they? Who knows and i told the wife if one stayed and one came back, we would have to travel back to the uk to see them, it would let us see our family as well, so it wouldn't be all bad and they might emigrate themselves in the future, you never know what might happen, live for today.
      Cal and Aldo like this.

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      The 6 months before we left and the first 2 years we were here Zak said when he was 18 he was going to go back to the UK. Now 4 years in, he says when he is 18 he is going to travel around Oz in a camper and has no real intention of returning to the UK other than for a holiday to catch up with friends and family. Kids change their minds so much,lol but at least getting citizenship means they can flit between the two countrys and not worry about applying for a visa and going through all that hassle that we had to.

Cal x
      Hoff to Oz likes this.

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Hoff to Oz
      I have said this many times before when people talk about their kids not wanting to go and what should they do and my answer is this, it is a grown up decision, its hard being the adult and of course you want your kids to be happy, but they haven't experienced the difficulties of life and therefore the parents should make the decision based on facts and practicalities, not emotions from their children and as you say they usually change their minds.
      Cal likes this.

toxan
      Let's face it, many people should never have left the UK in the first place. They never did their homework, many did not learn the language, mix in with the locals, and were always talking about "back home" ....... The most countries mentioned here, meant you would not have to learn the language, but many Expats went to Spain etc. The grass was not greener for them. you have to make it happen, not sit back and import the UK into your new home.
      Cal and Ktee like this.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12