Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Daisy is on a distinguished road

Wink Brr its cold this winter

Its so cold this winter here in Melbourne all the years of drought and mild winters have made me soft and now I cannot take the cold.

Forum is very quiet where is everyone, busy working, I no longer work so when I am ensconced in my house surfing the web is a good occupation. I do miss going to work sometimes, that said I am not going to look for another job though.

I should keep off the web as I spend money, bought dvd and some books today, its way too easy to spend money.

Oh cooks on Thursdays he is a good cook and a terrific curry maker. We eat curry all the time as we got used to it when oh was at sea and there was Indian crew on the ship.

Send me some sunshine from up north please :wub:

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      Its not too bad here in Perth, however where's all the rain gone, we have had zip this month and its supposed to still be winter!

Small fact for you.. Did you know Perth actually has more rain that London! Apparently its true!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      tuckerfa is on a distinguished road
      You're all bloody soft the lot of ya. You come from Britain, for gods sake. These temps are no where near as cold as your used to. Don't let the Aussies think your cold or you'll never hear the end of it.
      As for me. Shorts and tee shirt for work (even when I start at 6:30am) and just a light duvet on the bed and nothing else.
      I'll proberbly suffer in the summer, but I like it hot as well.
      I await your response.
      Frank

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      mollyflanders is on a distinguished road
      well I am from uk, probably the coldest part, shetland, and the winter here i have found very cold, so much so i bought electric blanket, but i think the differance for me is at home it would be cold all day and night , here it can be warm and sunny during the day then as soon as night falls it suddenly turns cold, not gradual just hot then cold. At home i never had a cold, but here had bad cold, 2 lots of antibiotics, got rid then 1 week later got the flu, 2 kinds of antibiotics and a inhaler , i felt like s...t and hope i don't get it again. I know its going to be hot in summer and we will wish for some cool, but i do not want this flu again, knocked me for 6

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Wink

Sorry you have been having a rough time of it Molly hope you are on the mend now.

People usually get bugs around August here I have found.

Title
      Bronze God To Die For
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Parmoboy is on a distinguished road
      By jove, I had to laugh, when I first read the title of this thread I assumed the scribe of it was refering to the winter we are currently having in the UK at the moment.
      In the last month (and probably longer) I can count on the one hand how many summer says we have had, this last week alone it has not stopped raining for more than an hour at a time and often torrential rain to follow.
      It was 22 of August yesterday and the temperature was 11 degrees at 17:30 hours, yes I did say eleven, it felt cold throughout the day and I was not the least bit surprised to see that temperature recorded on my thermometer.
      At this rate my thermals will be withdrawn from storage much earlier tham is the norm.

Toodle Pip.

Title
      Bronze God To Die For
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Parmoboy is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
      Its not too bad here in Perth, however where's all the rain gone, we have had zip this month and its supposed to still be winter!

Small fact for you.. Did you know Perth actually has more rain that London! Apparently its true!

Be wary of statistics Tim old fellow.
      More rain may fall in Perth than in London but what rain does fall in London (and the UK in general) falls over a greater number of days than the rain in Perth.
      I would rather have the short heavy deluges that you suffer from than have the constant drizzle interspersed with downpours we are having this summer (and last summer)
      Then we may even get some sunshine to warm our bones through!

Toodle Pip.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      It better warm up soon as our fire wood is running down. We do like the wood heater in winter it cheers up the place. We have used a lot of wood this winter. We use the ducted as well but in the day I just have the wood heater on .

Its sunny here today and the races are on at Mornington but I am not going too cold and too damp under foot. I belong to the racing club and I usually go with my girl friends and we have a laugh and a few bets and at our age we fit in with all the other oldies . Its only $130 a year to belong so its a good thing to do. We get our hats on once or twice a year and dress up.

Ali

Title
      Liked
      43 times
      Rep
      Ali is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
      No where did you hear that? Have you been visiting Northbridge?
      The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      shirley23 is on a distinguished road
      We have had the wettest summer here that I can remember.

September is suposidly going to be better. I wont hold my breath though.

Scotland's Gengenie
      www.gengenie.co.uk

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast