Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cheryl Cole ordered to soften accent

Title
      Liked
      850 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road

Cheryl Cole ordered to soften accent

"Cheryl will be told not to use the word 'babe' to describe a pretty girl. Other key words she's being taught include saying 'pants' and not 'trousers', 'butt' not 'bum' and 'cookies' not 'biscuits'.
      "They also want to clamp down on her saying 'pet' which literally means 'animal' in the States."

what do you think?

I know if she was my bird i'd say , Oi shezza, sort that stupid northern accent out or your out!!
      She's nice to look at as long as she doesn't open her gob.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Thehatandswag
      For me its to do with the brain, if it works how it sounds is immaterial to me, but then I am a man of substance lol

Cal

Title
      Liked
      217 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Cough Cough Mr Aldo !!! Thas nowt stupid bout our Northern accent, ill av thee no !!!lol

Cal x
      Aldo likes this.

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      891 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      It's funny isn't it different accents, I have noticed this with Aussies as well but I have no idea what kind of accent it is.

purple
      So the Aussies have accents too? Thought it was only the americans had them ;-)

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      891 times
      Rep
      yes they do, not sure what areas but some are really broad.

purple
      Same here, the Northerners definately sound a lot different to the Southerners.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      891 times
      Rep
      Really, as an outsider I bet I couldn't tell the difference. I can remember going out for a meal with a Candian family and everyone kept thinking they were American and they hated it lol. Although, since being in Oz I have had people ask me if I'm Swedish, Russian, Irish, German lol.

purple
      I usually get asked if I'm Australian.. yeah, imagine how well that goes down for someone that was raised on the Kent/Sussex border? lol
      I generally put it down to the fact that they've never left the country to hear a real Brit or Aussie accent.
      Oh the Canadians hate being labelled as Americans! lol, funny enough they're usually the ones that know a Brit accent straight away.

Thehatandswag
      Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      Really, as an outsider I bet I couldn't tell the difference. I can remember going out for a meal with a Candian family and everyone kept thinking they were American and they hated it lol. Although, since being in Oz I have had people ask me if I'm Swedish, Russian, Irish, German lol.
      Swedish or Russian I am sure your voice has more of the "twinkling sound of a bell",
      I am not a lover of the hurdy gurdy or gutteral sounds myself:mask:.

Gday Purple, I hope that this finds you in fine fettle

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast