Thread: Favourite Food

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road

Favourite Food

Just wondered what your favourite meal is? I love Peking Duck although it's expensive. Also love a roast chicken dinner.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      455 times
      Rep
      yummybrummy is on a distinguished road
      I'm a real boring old fart when it comes to cuisine. I'll only eat English or Italian, so would never survive somewhere like Asia. Difficult to pinpoint exactly what is my fave but I love steak pie with golden chips but the pie has to be shortcrust pastry not that useless puff pastry where it just explodes all over the table when you prong your fork into it. Adore cottage pie (I cook a mean one). Love Sunday roasts too with all the trimmings. Used to love having all the family around when I lived in UK cooking them Sunday lunch, watching Hollyoaks omnibus in the kitchen and throwing back a number of gin and oranges so by the time meal was served I couldn't give a hoot what it tasted like.

Told y'all I was boring.
      Ktee likes this.
      Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves - Confucious

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      I hate to re-open old wounds but I got some morrisons brand cumberland sausages yesterday and they reminded me just how the English blow the rest of the word away in the great sausage war. They where honestly some of the bestest sausage I've ever had in me ;) . A white crusty loaf just out of the oven, brown sauce........
      I often like my sausage battered but these where just too good, just a prick to let the juice escape for an oral delight.
      Ktee and guest3160 like this.
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Yum Cumberland sausage ,i get them most weeks from Woolys the kids love sausage and mash night,lol ,certainly better on the palete than the aussie snags,,lol
      For me though nothing beats a good Chicken curry as long as it isnt too hot,lol.

Cal x
      Ktee likes this.

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Title
      Liked
      372 times
      Rep
      ophidian is on a distinguished road
      My wife is a fantastic cook so I never go hungry and enjoy a wide variety of great food. I love everything from the classic roast to Italian, Chinese and Indian. I would find it hard to narrow it down, a good hot hot hot chicken curry, home made Lasagne, Shepherds Pie, Noodles, Rice and wood oven pizza. I also adore the desserts my wife makes, Lemon Meringue Pie, Bakewell Tart, Baked Cheesecake.
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      Dont mention sausages!!!! Its like the fawlty towers skit, dont mention the war!!
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      I will eat pretty much anything Asian and Indian are faves though, anything with fresh ginger and not fiery hot, Italian has to be anything pesto based, favourite meat probably lamb, homemade spring rolls and onion bhajis yum. Dessert wise anything goes traditional crumble and custard, a good carrot cake, chocolate fudge cake.....bloody starving now....
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Do you make the spring rolls yourself? Have you got the recipe? I love spring rolls. I went to green island a few months back and they did duck and barramundi spring rolls, they were delicious. Can't find any decent ones up here only cocktail ones.

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      The ones in the shops and even the takeaways we've tried are pretty rubbish but the vietnamese stall at the local market makes some beautiful ones all light and crispy and full of beansprouts and bits of meat and prawns and other yummy stuff.....sadly not my own recipe lol. But I did make some rather nice ricotta and brocolli filo parcels the other week...

Justyce
      I am a huge fan of Italian cuisine so I personally love such stuff as Fettuccine Alfredo, Penne alla vodka, ravioli with ricotta cheese and veil marsala:)

• Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast