Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Hope
      Thanks all - not always proficient at posting pics... but glad it worked this time!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Liz H

Wink Weather/ Guy Fawkes

Another beautiful warm day, high teens yesterday and today. People were out golfing , wearing shorts and T shirts -- in November -- in Ontario !!
      It should be a great evening for Andy's Bonfire Night. Enjoy.
      Liz

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Andy is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Liz H View Post
      Another beautiful warm day, high teens yesterday and today. People were out golfing , wearing shorts and T shirts -- in November -- in Ontario !!
      It should be a great evening for Andy's Bonfire Night. Enjoy.
      Liz
      Hi Liz

Your right its 18c and I'm sweating loading up the bonfire with the tractor ready for this afternoons burn. No wind so fire chief should give us the go ahead.

Andy + gang

Liz H

Beautiful Weather

Earlier I went for a walk --- jeans and a light sweat shirt --- like you I was sweating. Hope you have a great evening ---- no wind here either.
      Light a sparkler for me .
      Liz

traveller
      It's been another georgeous day here too although we're headed out to the beach in a bit for the bonfire and it's probably going to be a bit parky there!! Still we're all piling in the pub afterwards for some warming beverages!!

Liz H

Guy Fawkes night

Hi traveller,
      Sounds like a great night. Have a ' warming beverage ' for me too. I'll be in bed by then I should think, since you are 3 hrs behind us, but I can live and enjoy vicariously.
      Liz

traveller
      These are just a few of the photos from our Bonfire Night last night down on Muir Beach. They had a permit for a bonfire but were still not allowed fireworks 'cos of the wildfires. It brings out all the Brits who live in the county or across the bridge in the city and for once we out numbered the Americans in the pub afterwards. It was a fantastic night - I'd forgotten what it's like to get your face melted by the intense heat of a bonfire with a beer in your hand and hearing all the different UK accents was weird!!

They had a Scottish Piper playing which is a new one on me but it was lovely.

This Sunday they've got Pipers playing in one of the catherdrals in the city for Remembrance Day (Veterans Day here) so we'll be going for that.

Oh and that's my husband on the far right in the second picture
      Attached Images Attached Images     

Doz
      Great pics everyone.
      Nov 5th came and went here without a single firework

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12