Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 27
    Like Tree18Likes

    Thread: I Know No One Will Care


    1. #1

      Title
      Moderator
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Posts
      340
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Ziggy is on a distinguished road

      I Know No One Will Care

      I love this thread (hope it isn't already on here ... and I have dropped a clanger)

      It is for stuff that we feel is important, everyday stuff, general chat .... nothing abusive though ... please keep it clean .....

      I will start ......

    2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
    3. #2

      Title
      Moderator
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Posts
      340
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Ziggy is on a distinguished road
      MIL rang last night all OK, but FIL had a bit of an incident in a couple of shops .... he really struggles to walk these days, so someone kindly gave him a motorised scooter, anyway he managed to destroy a display table in a book shop and a display in a shoe shop .... funny, but not funny if you get my drift .... I can imagine that the shop assistants weren't too amused ..... I bet he's banned from those stores now

    4. #3

      Title
      Moderator
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Posts
      340
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Ziggy is on a distinguished road
      Just tidied around, not doing too much housework today, saving it for tomorrow as we have guests on Friday ... I am making a curry .... anyway todays entertainment will be a series of online guitar lessons ...... someone on PIO sent me a PM a few weeks ago (which I am eternally grateful for) of this guy who does free online lessons and they are great, I watch them through Apple TV, the signal from my iPad .... last night I learn't a Blues shuffle, and have started to learn how to play Hurt by Johnny Cash, also tried to play Polly by Nirvana, but was having trouble with the D bar chord, OH did it really easily, so being quite competitive I can't have him playing better than me so I shall be practising Polly until my fingers bleed

      Also had a guitar lesson last night, I have never really been very good at tuning my guitar by ear, I cheat and use a tuner, but my tutor taught me, so today I shall be practising that too ..... also learning the notes on the fret board which is quite complicated, as long as I remember that there is no B# and E# I should be OK .......

    5. #4

      Title
      Moderator
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Posts
      602
      Liked
      210 times
      Rep
      tonyman is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
      Just tidied around, not doing too much housework today, saving it for tomorrow as we have guests on Friday ... I am making a curry .... anyway todays entertainment will be a series of online guitar lessons ...... someone on PIO sent me a PM a few weeks ago (which I am eternally grateful for) of this guy who does free online lessons and they are great, I watch them through Apple TV, the signal from my iPad .... last night I learn't a Blues shuffle, and have started to learn how to play Hurt by Johnny Cash, also tried to play Polly by Nirvana, but was having trouble with the D bar chord, OH did it really easily, so being quite competitive I can't have him playing better than me so I shall be practising Polly until my fingers bleed

      Also had a guitar lesson last night, I have never really been very good at tuning my guitar by ear, I cheat and use a tuner, but my tutor taught me, so today I shall be practising that too ..... also learning the notes on the fret board which is quite complicated, as long as I remember that there is no B# and E# I should be OK .......
      how do you make your curries Ziggy?I'm a known curry monster ....... I listen to quite a lot of Johnny Cash ,love Hurt too think that was his last recording ....my daughter has guitar lessons she doing really well.........did you post any more on YT?
      ............
      blackcomb and Ziggy like this.

    6. #5

      Title
      Moderator
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Posts
      340
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Ziggy is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by tonyman View Post
      how do you make your curries Ziggy?I'm a known curry monster ....... I listen to quite a lot of Johnny Cash ,love Hurt too think that was his last recording ....my daughter has guitar lessons she doing really well.........did you post any more on YT?
      ............
      Not yet .... But I will ....
      Talking of curry, the rice is ready .... we are having last nights curry warmed up .... It was top class ....

      i will do a document (pages) of recipes and how I do mine .... I make my own paste .... Actually I have the curry bible by pat chapman, it was on special from the book depository when I looked the other week ..... The one I posted on PIO today is one i made up myself ... When I have a minute I will do it .... And email it over to you ....
      how do you yours?

    7. #6

      Title
      Moderator
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Posts
      340
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Ziggy is on a distinguished road
      How long has your daughter been learning? Acoustic or electric ..... Do you play? It's a cool hobby, not good on the fingers though, hard work, but worth it .... My oh said he is noticing improvements in my playing .... Just tell her to practice lots and enjoy ...... If she needs any help just ask, I'm no expert and still sound pretty crap, but I know a lot of chords, just learning different techniques now ...... www.justinguitar.com
      Tell her to look at the site above, so much going on from beginners through to expert .... It's great .....
      blackcomb and tonyman like this.

    8. #7

      Title
      Moderator
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Posts
      340
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Ziggy is on a distinguished road
      Well I am full of a cold again ...... Oh brought this one home last week ...... Started bothering me Thursday / Friday, worked Saturday actually it wasn't too bad then, but today it is really bad, CBA doing anything, sneezing, coughing, spluttering, banging head ..... Time to do absolutely nothing and try to get rid of it .......
      tonyman likes this.
      "I'm an instand star, just add water and stir" ..... David Bowie

    9. #8

      Title
      Moderator
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Posts
      602
      Liked
      210 times
      Rep
      tonyman is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
      Well I am full of a cold again ...... Oh brought this one home last week ...... Started bothering me Thursday / Friday, worked Saturday actually it wasn't too bad then, but today it is really bad, CBA doing anything, sneezing, coughing, spluttering, banging head ..... Time to do absolutely nothing and try to get rid of it .......

      Ziggy likes this.

    10. #9

      Title
      Moderator
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Posts
      602
      Liked
      210 times
      Rep
      tonyman is on a distinguished road
      Hope this helps Ziggy ....... looking for a hug icon but there is none ?
      Ziggy likes this.

    11. #10

      Title
      Moderator
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Posts
      340
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Ziggy is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by tonyman View Post
      Hope this helps Ziggy ....... looking for a hug icon but there is none ?
      thanks sweetie, tie, I still feel yuk, CBA doing tea ..... Or anything for that matter, not like me ....
      your wishes are very welcome x x
      tonyman likes this.
      "I'm an instand star, just add water and stir" ..... David Bowie

     

     
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast