Ziggy likes this.

Title
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Ziggy is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      get well soon hun
      Thanks Hun, I am working on it lol ..... Feel slightly better today, been busy doing outside chores, then filled up the dogs paddling pool & got in lol ...... Really wish we had a pool, going to start looking next year for a place with a smaller yard, more maneagable and with a pool, fed up of this lawn it's crap, long story, but it looks like the lawn was laid on builders debris ...... It wears me out, no definition or style ..... To the yard just hard work
      "I'm an instand star, just add water and stir" ..... David Bowie

Title
      Liked
      28 times
      Rep
      Tink is on a distinguished road
      ....IKNWC but.......how is everyone.......?
      tonyman likes this.

Title
      Liked
      210 times
      Rep
      tonyman is on a distinguished road
      not bad Tink , though its been a funny old day for me ..........picked MIL up at 8am , dropped her car off, drove her around the Darling Range (thought about throwing her off ) , took her to a winery , took her shopping ,5 hrs later picked her car up and came home and managed to NOT hear the city score as it was a late game and wanted to watch as if it was live ........watched Liverpool get beat now watching Chelsea..........got a phone call saying my work force were striking and had been locked out before they could at 5am , Unions are going mad , better off out of it as still on sick ............thanks for asking Tink how was your day ....? x
      Tink likes this.

Title
      Liked
      28 times
      Rep
      .....oh tonyman.......what a day you've had.....!
      .....me today was just resting.........
      ......will get my bounce back soon.....
      ......but have read ....the borrowers again.......
      ......tend towards old favourites when a child.......to make feel better....
      ......sort of like a hug from grandmother........
      .......even though she's long gone......and I'm a bit long in the tooth....lol...!
      .......take care tonyman......tink x
      tonyman likes this.
      .............Do what you can, where you are, with what you've got. -Teddy Roosevelt...............

Title
      Liked
      210 times
      Rep
      tonyman is on a distinguished road
      the borrowers as in the film ..? we watched that on the plane when we first came to Oz
      Tink likes this.

Title
      Liked
      28 times
      Rep
      ......that's the one...!
      ......written by Mary norton....
      .......there's a few in the series.....kids..( and I)..... Love her books.....
      tonyman likes this.
      .............Do what you can, where you are, with what you've got. -Teddy Roosevelt...............

Title
      North Vancouver, BC 4 yrs, now Niagara region, Ontario for over a year
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      blackcomb is on a distinguished road
      Very kewl you play guitar Ziggy, and your little one Tony, it's funny as my 4 yr old is very musical too and I played beethoven while I was pregnant with him and believe there's some truth to that with them being musical. He's mostly had toy guitars, and one pretty good one now from Toys r us, he's pretty good with his singing and playing, I've been impressed and want to get him into proper lessons when he's old enough.

Those plastic things to use will save the fingers I believe Ziggy, or are they metal things? Had a bf some years back while I was based in Scotland (RAF) and he used to play and used one of those 'things' no idea what it's called but am sure you'll correct me.

Did you find a teacher easily, how much is it approx, and do you find it easy to learn?

Played piano myself albeit pretty badly as I was one that always wanted to run before I could walk and disappointingly didn't get the better piano teacher I had hoped I'd get but more one that was too much of a softie and let me have my own way, played that after playing the recorder better than I did piano, and the triangle when younger

I remember my parents paid for me to have those piano lessons while at boarding school, after grade one I wanted to play greensleaves and nice tunes not beethoven or mozart, and she let me but I didn't progress obviously through the grades (big mistake, hence wishing I'd had a better teacher not a softie), my parents in Norway rented a house with a grand piano in it, and gathered around one Christmas to hear me play.. I will never forget the look on their faces when all I came up with was doh ray me.. "IS that it???" I remember them asking, Ohhh the disappointed looks on their faces, "we paid all that money and that's all you can play!". My Aunt and cousin both got to grade 10! Ohhh the shame of it, ha!
      Last edited by blackcomb; 02-01-2014 at 01:33 AM.

Title
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Ziggy is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by blackcomb View Post
      Very kewl you play guitar Ziggy, and your little one Tony, it's funny as my 4 yr old is very musical too and I played beethoven while I was pregnant with him and believe there's some truth to that with them being musical. He's mostly had toy guitars, and one pretty good one now from Toys r us, he's pretty good with his singing and playing, I've been impressed and want to get him into proper lessons when he's old enough.

Those plastic things to use will save the fingers I believe Ziggy, or are they metal things? Had a bf some years back while I was based in Scotland (RAF) and he used to play and used one of those 'things' no idea what it's called but am sure you'll correct me.

Did you find a teacher easily, how much is it approx, and do you find it easy to learn?

Played piano myself albeit pretty badly as I was one that always wanted to run before I could walk and disappointingly didn't get the better piano teacher I had hoped I'd get but more one that was too much of a softie and let me have my own way, played that after playing the recorder better than I did piano, and the triangle when younger

I remember my parents paid for me to have those piano lessons while at boarding school, after grade one I wanted to play greensleaves and nice tunes not beethoven or mozart, and she let me but I didn't progress obviously through the grades (big mistake, hence wishing I'd had a better teacher not a softie), my parents in Norway rented a house with a grand piano in it, and gathered around one Christmas to hear me play.. I will never forget the look on their faces when all I came up with was doh ray me.. "IS that it???" I remember them asking, Ohhh the disappointed looks on their faces, "we paid all that money and that's all you can play!". My Aunt and cousin both got to grade 10! Ohhh the shame of it, ha!
      I learnt as a child, but recently had lessons ..... Not cheap but worth it .....
      i think you mean finger picks, I tend to keep short nails on my left hand and longer on my picking/ strumming fingers ... Can't use a plectrum, they sound too artificial ...

hope your son continues with his playing ....
      tonyman likes this.
      "I'm an instand star, just add water and stir" ..... David Bowie

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast