• 1 Post By Stacey

Thread: Music ... what's your style

Title
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Ziggy is on a distinguished road

Music ... what's your style

I think my favourite music is rock ... I love music, and enjoy classical, pop ..... punk ... David Bowie is my all time favourite male star and i think if I am going to admit it Madonna as female ..... I love the fact that they have both had long careers .... both very good at reinvention which has probably played a huge part in their longevity .....

I will add more to the thread as it goes, but want to see what music style other enjoy listening to ......
      tonyman likes this.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      210 times
      Rep
      tonyman is on a distinguished road
      it all started with ELO for me , then the stranglers , then pure punk , stranglers are my band though , but I can listen to almost anything inc some classical , it depends on my mood , I will listen to Neil Diamond ALL night with Jonny Cash as back up , love them both to bits .....but deep down im a hard core punk , damned , sex pistols , slf , pil , theatre of hate , killing joke the lot and Im also a Bowie fan from the early yrs ..............
      Ziggy likes this.

Title
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Like Punk myself ... do you remember the lead singer of the Damned Dave Vanian? something like that sleeping in a coffin ?? I thought that was so cool .... maybe that's why I have this fixation with vampires LOL .... I like the Stranglers too, the original line up, I am not keen on the new ones .... X Ray Spex too, still listening to them ... actually I have compiled a CD for the car with The Sex Pistols (yeah) X Ray Spex and Sid Vicious singing My Way and Something Else, OH said it always puts him in a good mood ..... pretty cool stuff, wish they would bring punk back ..... oh Peaches is my favourite Stranglers song, remember when I first heard it, it shot to the top of the charts and was in competition with Sparks This Town Ain't Big Enough ... another song I still love to hear ..... cool songs, cool times .....
      tonyman likes this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      I can listen to anything, don't have any favourites although love all the 80's music
      tonyman and Ziggy like this.

Title
      Liked
      69 times
      Rep
      Stacey is on a distinguished road
      I can listen to most types of music. I hardly listen to it these days though, im crap at the chart hits
      Ziggy likes this.

Title
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
      I can listen to most types of music. I hardly listen to it these days though, im crap at the chart hits
      Me too (charts) I used to follow them but this past few years I haven't .....

Title
      Liked
      210 times
      Rep
      tonyman is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
      Like Punk myself ... do you remember the lead singer of the Damned Dave Vanian? something like that sleeping in a coffin ?? I thought that was so cool .... maybe that's why I have this fixation with vampires LOL .... I like the Stranglers too, the original line up, I am not keen on the new ones .... X Ray Spex too, still listening to them ... actually I have compiled a CD for the car with The Sex Pistols (yeah) X Ray Spex and Sid Vicious singing My Way and Something Else, OH said it always puts him in a good mood ..... pretty cool stuff, wish they would bring punk back ..... oh Peaches is my favourite Stranglers song, remember when I first heard it, it shot to the top of the charts and was in competition with Sparks This Town Ain't Big Enough ... another song I still love to hear ..... cool songs, cool times .....
      yes I remember the coffin and love to see the Damned live , a good show group and always do the oldies .......so many big tunes and hits .......a great time to be in the uk with all the punk bands out in force this year http://www.songkick.com/artists/381837-damned

Title
      Liked
      10 times
      Rep
      Toedown is on a distinguished road
      Yep, "70's", "80's" and early "90's" Rock for me, Alice Cooper, Queen, Eagles, Journey, Def Leppard, Meatloaf, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Gillan, Sabbath, ELO, Pink Floyd, etc. etc, and nowadays in Canada there is a lot of home grown talent here, melodic rock that's played on the radio, we have 3 rock "only" stations here in Calgary.
      Good use of grammar, punctuation & capitals makes the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.