Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      skink

Are you doing anything at Easter? Do you get Easter?

We don't get Easter here but coincidentally it's coinciding with the biggest Thai holiday of Songkran (Thai New Year) which kicks off on Sunday and goes on officially till Wednesday, but most people working will be off all of next week.

At Songkran the idea is to sprinkle water over other people. The reality is that everyone starts chucking buckets of water, hosing, you name it and the streets are awash and chaotic. We shall be battening down the hatches from Sunday evening

So not the usual kind of Easter.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Doz
      Sounds like fun Karen!
      Im not really sure what goes on here at Easter, i guess ive got that little surprise to come. No doubt it will be something a little different, or as they say here.........same same but different!!

Andy Chapman
      Out for Sunday lunch with the family. Sister-in-law cooks a fab Sunday Roast and i'm looking forward to it.

Enjoy your Easter Sunday you 2

traveller
      Quote Originally Posted by skink View Post
      We don't get Easter here but coincidentally it's coinciding with the biggest Thai holiday of Songkran (Thai New Year) which kicks off on Sunday and goes on officially till Wednesday, but most people working will be off all of next week.

At Songkran the idea is to sprinkle water over other people. The reality is that everyone starts chucking buckets of water, hosing, you name it and the streets are awash and chaotic. We shall be battening down the hatches from Sunday evening

So not the usual kind of Easter.
      I like that idea. Think I might introduce that here in California without telling people! We've got a great Thai cafe here - wonder if they'll get it when we turn the hoses on them! :twitcy:

skink
      Quote Originally Posted by traveller View Post
      I like that idea. Think I might introduce that here in California without telling people! We've got a great Thai cafe here - wonder if they'll get it when we turn the hoses on them! :twitcy:
      Oh DO IT !! And take some pictures :yes:

Doz
      Easter Sunday hangover, ugh!!!!!!

skink
      You need an Easter Hairy Dog (hair of dog) m'dear.

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      No Hangover here - just a lazy day with another day off tom.

Doz
      Quote Originally Posted by skink View Post
      You need an Easter Hairy Dog (hair of dog) m'dear.
      I did indeed. Nice glass of wine with my lunch followed by a nap and i feel good as new:yes: