Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      debs1964

Where to look for work in Spain

Hi all

Can anyone give any advise on where to look for work - agencies etc, I want to work in Spain, i do office work so need to brush upon the language but hoping by the time i go i will be a lot better.
      thanks very much
      Debs

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      centaur699
      Hi Debs Hope you dont mind me replying I too am looking for work in Spain and wondered how you are doing with finding anything over there with regards to agencies ect if you have found any contacts i would be greatful if you could contact me with some info anyway take care and good look J

debs1964
      Hi, I haven't had any luck in agencies, there are a few through the search engines but dont seem to have much work - but i suppose there isnt very much so not a good time to be looking. I think i will have to delay by a year to wait for some recovery in the job market here and there. Good luck in your search and keep me posted.
      Debs

centaur699
      Hi Debs thanks for getting back. I will let you know if I come up with anything that may help you. I am back in Spain in May and will continue my search thanks again John. My email is centaur699@aol.co.uk contact me anytime.

debs1964
      Hi, I am going to spain in May too, but only for a long weekend so will probably just enjoy the sunshine rather than looking for work. Where in Spain are you and what kind of work u looking for? I will be gonig near to Pilar De Horadada (cant spell), Another question for you, i want to buy a PAYG mobile phone when i am over, can i just get that in the supermarket - Carrefour? thanks and enjoy

centaur699
      Hi Deb dont think you can buy them in supermarkets over there well at least not as far as I have seen. You are not far from me really just round the corner this is my mobile at the moment 07509241501 its one of those international ones sim4travel but i too may buy a spanish PAYG. I think you will need to go to a phone shop I did when i was there. I am renting in Los Nareros Spain at the moment I move in on the 12th May. If you want you can contact me when your there. Anyway take care and enjoy your relaxation when your there maybe spak to you soon take care J

debs1964
      Hi J, I will have to google that sim4travel and see what that is - hopefully it will work in my phone too. I dont really know the area very well so dont know where the phone shops are - do you know what the big shopping centre is called, i am flying into Alicante and i know there is a big shopping centre that i will pass on the way, b ut i cant remember what its called and what the opening hours are. Where did u get your rental information from - was it one of these expat sites or a spanish one? sorry for all the questions but i like to get as much info so i can plan lol Have u lived in spain before or is this ur first time there? Debs

centaur699
      Hi deb dont really want to caht on this open forum but if you want to ring me we can caht or email me and will answer as many questions as i can. John

debs1964
      Ok, will email from home later

centaur699
      ok deb chat then take care