Thread: British Abroad or not

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road

British Abroad or not

WE often mock Americans for never leaving their own country – but one in three of us has never left Europe.
      Most of us say the "familiarity" of neighbouring countries stops us being more adventurous.

A poll of 1,110 holidaymakers by travel agent Sunshine.co.uk found 34 per cent hadn't ventured further than the Continent. While familiarity was the biggest reason, 22 per cent reckoned it was cheaper to holiday in Europe, even though regular readers of these pages will know that's not always the case.

Worryingly, the poll also found seven per cent didn't know whether they had been outside Europe or not. Oh dear...

TEABAGS and toilet paper are the most important home comforts Brits take abroad, according to a survey by Lowcostholidays.com.
      Teabags were considered essential by 47 per cent and toilet paper by a quarter. And 25 per cent even packed an alarm clock.

Meanwhile, camera company Nikon found half of Brits would be "annoyed and upset" if they forgot their camera and 11 per cent said they would not remember the best bits of their trip without one.

And one in five said forgetting their camera would mean they couldn't share their memories with friends and families.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      If the poll was by a travel agent then chances are there is an agenda, are they the ones pushing the Moroccan holidays on the radio at the moment?

"familiarity" of neighbouring countries
      I don't see it myself.
      The "typical" Brit abroad stereotyping has been going on for years and true to our passive nature we put up with it. Tell me any other group that wouldn't scream discrimination.
      For me if brits want to take tea bags on holiday then fair play to them, if they're happy them go for it.
      When I was in Spain I couldn't wait for the holiday season when the brits would cram the "English" bars doing the chocolate and the birdy dance, all having a great time.
      Holidays should be about normal folk getting off work for a week or two, letting their hair down and having a great time. If other like to go to fossil hunting in equitorial booga booga then that's fine too
      ophidian and guest3863 like this.
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

Title
      Liked
      372 times
      Rep
      ophidian is on a distinguished road
      I know of Aussies who have taken Vegemite and Twisties on holiday, it's normal practise I would have thought.
      Soon to be back in the undisputed NUMBER 1 country in the world.....ENGLAND.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      At the end of the day its YOUR holiday so you do what you want to make it more comfortable for you, if that means taking TBags and Vegemite (yuk) so be it.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      In regards to Aussies it gets me how many haven't even been out of their state. Most of the ones I worked with had never ventured outside Victoria. Although saying that there were lots of places in the UK I never visited and wish I had.

Title
      Liked
      455 times
      Rep
      yummybrummy is on a distinguished road
      There's loads of places I'd love to visit in Europe, mainly the cities AND always pack my teabags when travelling
      Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves - Confucious