• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Estapona,Spain

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      could someone on a B2 who is retired, employ themselves and sell stuff or does that too constitute working purp?

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      Wots happened to the delights of oz tony?

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      I cant get out to Oz Permanently Tim due to my being in my 50's. I am reduced to bi annual holidays, which are rather expensive air travel wise. I could get a holiday visa but could never own a property over there. Could someone on such a visa sell stuff on ebay for example?

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      Old git... holidays are much better .. means u appreciate it more.

Title
      Liked
      169 times
      Rep
      purple is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by thearmchairdetective View Post
      could someone on a B2 who is retired, employ themselves and sell stuff or does that too constitute working purp?
      If you were doing it at a market or had a shop somewhere, then it would constitute "working", T.
      I'm sure there are ways around it and people probably do it... kind of like having a garage sale every week.. who can actually tell that it's not stuff that people are just "getting rid of"?
      If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. - John Lennon 1940 - 1980

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
      Old git... holidays are much better .. means u appreciate it more.
      Let's swop then ! as for my being an old git...I only have to look in the mirror to confirm your assessment :)

Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
      If you were doing it at a market or had a shop somewhere, then it would constitute "working", T.
      I'm sure there are ways around it and people probably do it... kind of like having a garage sale every week.. who can actually tell that it's not stuff that people are just "getting rid of"?
      Do you have car boot sales in Flo-rida purp?

Title
      Liked
      169 times
      Rep
      purple is on a distinguished road
      Not boot sales per se, Tony, but we do have "flea markets" (some of the open air ones of those are much the same as a boot fair) where people sell their stuff. Some people do it weekly to make money, and some do it as a one off to get rid of things they don't want.
      Also we have "garage sales" here, where people usually advertise in the local rag and sell things on their driveway (or in their garage) on a particular day, usually Saturday or over the weekend. Sometimes it's a bunch of junk kind of like a jumble sale, and sometimes it's decent stuff because they're moving or getting rid of estate items they don't want.
      If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. - John Lennon 1940 - 1980

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12