Thread: Singapore Snaps 1

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      118 times
      Rep
      cerberus1 is on a distinguished road

Singapore Snaps 1

Thought I'd post a few piccies from when we went to Singapore a couple of months ago. Stopped the first week at the Hard Rock Hotel which is on the island resort of Sentosa.

The picture below is the auditorium which is part of the hotel. While we were stopping there, Good Charlotte played a gig there, didn't bother going, could hear the gig crystal clear from our rooms balcony!

The picture below is taken from the Cable car which connects Sentosa to the mainland. The whole island is being developed into 1 big resort. The Hard Rock is the curved hotel, maritime museum is to the left, Universal studios in the background. In the foreground, they're constructing a new hotel and water theme park which is due to be opened this year.

After stopping at the Hard Rock we stopped at the Fullerton Bay Hotel on the mainland for a few days. The room we had was overlooking Marina Bay. Some photos below

guest3160 likes this.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      OMG that looks amazing Rob, would you recommend a trip to Singapore? Ive only seen the airport so far....might be a plan for 2013 maybe!

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      118 times
      Rep
      I'd definitely recommend it. We're probably going back this year, just been hanging off booking as there's talk of direct flights from Cairns to Singapope, which would be better, as currently we have to fly down to Brisbane first.
      guest3160 likes this.

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Love Singapore, when i was a tight butted youngster i used to prefer getting to Thailand via Singapore, Kuala lumpur rather than straight into Bankok. Amazingly clean city and genuinely friendly people.
      The hotel looks fantastic, just trying to make out if thats a naked body in the reflection of the bathroom wall. :o

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      118 times
      Rep
      Hotel (Fullerton Bay) was fantastic but a bit too posh for my liking, didn't feel totally comfortable. Walked across to it's even posher partner hotel 'The Fullerton' one night and totally felt like a fish out of water. The Hotel opposite where we stopped - The Marina Bay sands resort with the cruise liner style construction on the 3 towers looks amazing, didn't get chance to go there but will do next time. Photos below (taken with a big zoom lens)

Didn't take the piccy below, but it shows the 'infinity edge' pool on top of the hotel.

While we were there, they also had one of the rounds of a powerboat championship on the lake which we watched from our room. Part of the Formula One circuit is round the lake as well, presume rooms rates are astronomical at that time.

Title
      Liked
      372 times
      Rep
      ophidian is on a distinguished road
      We absolutely love Singapore, probably our favourite place to visit and cant wait to go again, very soon.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
      The hotel looks fantastic, just trying to make out if thats a naked body in the reflection of the bathroom wall. :o
      Well it isn't mine thank goodness