Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: Bank Account

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      PatsyM is on a distinguished road

Bank Account

Can anyone tell me how or where I can get a Bank Account in UK when I get back. I will not have a permanent address, staying with a friend until I find something, therefore, will not have proof of address or utility bills.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      North Vancouver, BC 4 yrs, now Niagara region, Ontario for over a year
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      blackcomb is on a distinguished road
      I never closed mine, better to never close it in the first place. Just inform the bank what you said here, if you are moving back for good then they will assist with a bank account esp if you are starting work again back home so will need it.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      PatsyM is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by blackcomb View Post
      I never closed mine, better to never close it in the first place. Just inform the bank what you said here, if you are moving back for good then they will assist with a bank account esp if you are starting work again back home so will need it.

I closed my account 13 years ago not knowing the problems. I am retired and will not be starting work again. I have tried to open an account and the same thing happens every time. I do not have a UK address and, at this moment in time, I am not resident in the UK. Uk is the only European Country that you cannot open a bank account without the above.