Hello everyone,

I am due to return to the UK in August / early September after 10 years abroad in the Gulf. My new employer has asked me to complete a 'Starter checklist' form from HMRC, but I have a couple of questions about it I was hoping people could help me with.

1) The form includes a space to record my home address. I am currently still resident abroad without a UK address; is it OK to put an address abroad on the form, or should I leave it blank?

2) The job I will be starting will be my first job in the UK since last 6 April, but I have been working abroad. Should I select option A or option B for question 8 on the form?

[Option A is 'This is my first job since last 6 April and I have not been receiving taxable Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, taxable Incapacity Benefit, State or Occupational Pension.'

Option B is 'This is now my only job but since last 6 April I have had another job, or received taxable Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or taxable Incapacity Benefit. I do not receive a State or Occupational Pension.']

Thanks in advance!