Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hara is on a distinguished road

Moving back to the UK

Hi All,

This is my 1st post, but we are looking to move back to the UK. I have been living and working in Cyprus for nearly 13 years. My partner has been living here for nearly 2 years. He was previously in the British Army for 16 years.

Any idea on what steps we need to take to make our transition smooth? We have already started to apply for jobs, and will be sending some items back to the UK. I will also be brining my beloved pet cat.

Any advise on what steps we need to take and any entitlements we have would really help.

Thank you
      Hara

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      210 times
      Rep
      tonyman is on a distinguished road
      Hi Hara, all i can do is wish you good luck , you have had 47 views so im sure someone could give you good advise ......why are you moving back to the UK ?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Humptydingo is on a distinguished road
      Since your partner has been a regular soldier you might like to contact SSAFA if you have any problems relocating or even for some advice in that respect. This is the charity for servicemen and ex servicemen - they may be able to point you in a direction that you had never thought of. Good luck, we are relocating too from France, after 19 yrs here - my partner is now disabled and has developed dementia and needs to be near his family now. Heyho - life never goes the way you had anticipated.

https://www.ssafa.org.uk/about-us/contact-us

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Jillmaree Worthington is on a distinguished road
      Hi Hara we are also looking into moving back to the UK from Ireland..we have 2 dogs and we have already made provisions for them to be able to travel with us. You will need a pet passport, rabies innocculation(at least 3-4 weeks before your travel) all annual innocculations to be up to date. It can be costly but the rabies 1 does last for 2 years. Hope this helps reguarding your pet :)

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Sophie Scully is on a distinguished road
      Hi, If you are looking to transfer money back to the UK I would use a fx broker such as Currenices Direct. I used them in the past and they offered the best exchange rates as well as offering an excellent service. Hope this helps!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      SamBeasant is on a distinguished road
      Hi Hara,

Do you need any help with making international money transfers back to the UK, if so, please let me know and I will be happy to help.
      I see Sophie above mentioned Currencies Direct, if you wish to make a comparison I would be happy to go up against their quote as I am confident I will be able to get you a better rate.

Thanks,

Sam - Bluestone Currency