I am a British National with UK passport and my defacto partner is an Australian National with an Australian passport. We have not found the Visas section of the UK Passports & Visas website very helpful as we want to live in the UK for a 12 month period. The website tells us that we don't need a visa for a 6 month period and then blocks you off so that you can't get information on longer periods. We are both retired and do not intend to work in the UK but intend to rent some furnished accommodation and also buy a secondhand car for use in the UK. We would have travel insurance. I have assumed that with a British passport that I can return for any period of time. I would like advice on what my partner would need to do. I also would like to know if our South Australian driving licences would be OK for a 12 month stay.