Deb

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Deb is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark and Jo View Post
      Hi Deb....

We had planned to go back for a visit next year and we sat down and thought about why we were going back. We worked out that:
      • my parents will be here by then
      • marks mum comes out every 2nd year anyway
      • marks dad and stepmum comes out every 2nd year anyway
      • My Nanna passed away in 2006
      and we thought what are we going back for???

• we would only be able to see marks kids when they werent working which may not fit in with when we were there.
      • My brother works more hours than I care to think about and I would be struggling to see him
      • My aunt and uncle and cousins.....kids are all at school and working and we would see my aunt etc on a Friday night for a curry and a drink.
      We just thought was it worth the expense?????? I know you cant put a price on family etc but we thought that we wouldnt get anything out of the trip. So we have tentatively planned for when Mark is 50 in 2014 (I didnt tell you that!!!)

Hope that I answered the question!!
      Thanks Jo

Hope you dont think I was being nosey just interested to know what your reasons were....I can totally understand why you have made that decision.
      For us it was slightly different as our decision was sort of made for us due to OH work, however like you most of the people that we would be going back to see would be either working or at school.

Dont worry I wont tell anyone about Mark being 50 in 2014!!!! LOL

Deb xx

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Mark and Jo
      Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
      Nigel wants to make a 50th trip too which will be in 2014 - maybe we could pack them off together and we'll just stay behind.

Ali
      Now thats an idea......you coming over to Brissie or am I coming there???????? LOL!

Ali

Title
      Liked
      43 times
      Rep
      Ali is on a distinguished road
      Well I'll also be 50 that year, and really don't want to to back to the UK (at the moment), Alex will be 19 and probably won't want to go and the thought of leaving her to have parties fills me with dread, and when I think of Tom being 14 and wanting to stay behind too .... ahhhhhh.

Actually, I feel as you do, after seeing family and friends and catching up (about 4 days worth!!), I'd have had enough. If we do go, we may use it as part of a holiday to go to Spain, Europe etc., I'd rather go to the states for my birthday to be honest.

I Guess a girlie weekend in Melbourne could be on the cards lol

Ali
      Last edited by Ali; 29-05-2008 at 01:46 AM.
      The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs

Mark and Jo
      Im up for anything! 2014 I will 43!! 7 years behind you! You`ll have "look after me!!"

We`ll have to do something before 2014!! Need a "yearly" thing! When my Mum gets here I`ll bring her! Shes great!

They sold their house now. They are in line for a CPV on 1st July as everything is done and paid! Im excited!!! They`ll be here (hopefuly) August! FOR GOOD!!

Ali

Title
      Liked
      43 times
      Rep
      Ali is on a distinguished road
      That's be great, we're hoping to get over to the gold coast next year (annual leave permitting lol)

Ali
      The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      moving2melbourne is on a distinguished road
      The only reason I would go back would be for a good british curry
      On a serious note there is nothing we would go back for, unless one of the family members were seriously ill but then as it would cost so much for all of us probably only one would go back. Moving here was the best thing we did and we have never once had doubts about our decision in the 4 years we have been here

Deb

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Deb is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark and Jo View Post
      Im up for anything! 2014 I will 43!! 7 years behind you! You`ll have "look after me!!"

We`ll have to do something before 2014!! Need a "yearly" thing! When my Mum gets here I`ll bring her! Shes great!

They sold their house now. They are in line for a CPV on 1st July as everything is done and paid! Im excited!!! They`ll be here (hopefuly) August! FOR GOOD!!
      Can I come? 2014 I will be 40....so you will both have to look after me!! lol

Deb xx

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Andy is on a distinguished road
      As new expats {18 months} nothing would make us go back unless our PR is declined and then they would have to drag us to the airport. In this part of Canada summer is hot and I still can't get over how big the blue sky is, at night we sit out with a frog night corus watching the fireflies {thought they were a Hollywood myth} and watching shooting stars. In winter its still a big blue sky the only difference a snow storm comes and dumps 3 foot in 3 hours. We dont need to go back yet as all friends and family are coming out for holls here.

Andy and team

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      mollyflanders is on a distinguished road
      well now, i really love it here, but i came to be near and support my daughter, i would think she and familly will go back but perhaps shetland is a bit differant to the uk mainland, its a safer placefor kids, its light nearly all night in summer and my son partner and grandaughter is there, yes i know 24 hours away but if my daughter hubby and kids go i go, life is much to short for me tomiss out on them growing up. Health is another issue, it costs an arm and a leg here, so we do not save for holidays we save incase we need it for health care

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Daisy is on a distinguished road
      We would only return if some disaster struck or we got evicted :wub:

• Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast