Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Jenny

Thread: Bulgaria

GAVIN HANLON

Bulgaria

MY WIFE AND I WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE ON LIVING PERMANENT IN BULGARIA, WE HAVENT PICKED AN AREA YET AS WE ,VE ONLY BEEN ONCE BUT LIKE WHAT WE SAW, ANY ADVICE AT ALL WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS GAVIN

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      binnacle
      think before ya leap bro. bulgaria is a poor country, and robbery of foreign nationals is a past time. the cops aint much use when it comes to doing their job...a bit like the cops here in the UK

GAVIN HANLON

Angry

HI. TO EVERYONE NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE MY WIFE AND I ARE SO FED UP WITH THE WEATHER IN BRITAIN WE,RE JUST WANT SOMEWHERE SUNNY CHEAP AND NICE SO ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE THANKS GAVIN

[/quote]
      Last edited by GAVIN HANLON; 04-09-2008 at 03:45 PM.

GAVIN HANLON
      Hi sheena thanks for that but we,re just at that stage in life where we need a change and if we dont do it soon, well who know,s, how long have you been in oz and where did you come from, have you not missed anything apart from the weather ! Thanks gavin

wyn

retiring bulgaria

hello, just seen your add,
      i have been to bulgaria a few times and love it every time.
      if you need a main base a home base i have a property on the coast.overlooking the black sea.you could possibly use this short or long term . you then could go traveling north, south or into the rural side of bulgaria to then choose a place to live.it is worth taking your time.
      i also have a property in spain which i am selling at the moment , however if there were someone who wanted to rent long term i would re-consider.
      if you would like more info please do not hesitate to e-mail or call me on my mobile =07868420389
      bye
      wyn

Jenny

Bulgaria

Hello Gavin
      I think that you must think very carefully and be sure that Bulgaria is the right place for you and your wife.
      I have lived in Bulgaria for 2 years and do not like it here. I would leave here tomorrow, but can't, because we have burnt our bridges. Having said this not everyone that has moved here feels as I do. Some love it here, others that we know feel as I do.
      I think you should do as Wyn advises you to do. Come over here, rent somewhere and take your time to look around. Please don't do as we did and rush out and buy a house quickly. There are many good agents here that will help you to find the right house for you and your wife. There are also so called agents here that will promise the earth, take your money and leave you with all sorts of problems to put right.
      The rules here in Bulgaria are very different from the rules in the UK. At this moment in time anyone can call themselves an estate agent, no regulating here. The agent that we purchased our house from and did our renovations, we have recently learned, was no more than a double glazing salesman in the UK.

If we can help you at all, perhaps point you in the right direction, then please contact us. We will be happy to help you both.
      Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Sincerely
      Jenny
      Andy Chapman likes this.

skink
      If you can afford to do it, why not "winter over" somewhere for 3 or 4 months. Try Bulgaria. If that doesn't work out, try somewhere else.

yarkost
      Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
      The rules here in Bulgaria are very different from the rules in the UK. At this moment in time anyone can call themselves an estate agent, no regulating here. The agent that we purchased our house from and did our renovations, we have recently learned, was no more than a double glazing salesman in the UK.
      So Jenny the agent is British, not Bulgarian ??? How you decide that it is a good and proven agent ? I think there is enough big realtors with proven records in BG, but you the English always decide that UK fellow will never cheat you a fall into the trap - check about the Bulgarian Dreams company.

For example if you are looking about property near Varna check companies likeФорос - национална компания недвижими имоти , АД*ЕС Недвижими Имоти - обяви за наем, продажба на апартамент, къща, офис, Buy & Sell Bulgaria - Bulgarian Properties Investment Consultants & Land Developers

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      kris1985 is on a distinguished road
      Hello,if you are purchasing property abroad then find yourself a goodbroker. I recommend First rate FX, they are really good and theydon't charge any fees to transfer your money overseas. Good luck.