Like Tree4Likes
    • 1 Post By Antalya
    • 1 Post By Aldo
    • 1 Post By Ktee
    • 1 Post By Antalya

Thread: Antalya

Antalya

Antalya

Hi im Antalya living in Turkey for 8 years anyone wishing to chat re moving to Turkey or already living in Turkey or to just exchange information then et me know. Im very new to this so give me time to explore how it works!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Welcome aboard and may a say what a beautiful name you have. Is that your real name?
      Ktee likes this.
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Hi Antalaya, there are a couple more members on from Turkey so hopefully they will pop along soon to say hi.
      Antalya likes this.

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      Hi Antalya, welcome to the forum! Whats life like in Turkey and where did you come from originally?

Antalya

Antalya

Hi Ktee Tillyfloss Aldo
      Thanks for your lovely welcome to the forum am very new to this chatting so bear with me. Antalya is not my name its the state I live in Turkey, Its a very beautiful place and like you say Aldo its a lovely name. Am having probs with the letter l on my computer so if anything doesnt make sense add an l
      ps from the county of Yorkshire in the UK

purple
      Hey Antalya, Welcome to the forum!
      Please feel free to ask any questions if you have problems navigating the site.
      Hope you enjoy reading and posting on the messageboards, and that you'll make some friends and get the information you want.

All the best :)

Paul Watson
      Hi Antalya

I am thinking of buying a property in Turkey ASAP but I fear my 25k budget is below your asking price, My daughter is going through a bad time in her life here in the UK and as she loves Turkey I want to purchase a property out there so she may up and go whenever she feels like it.

I have been offered 4 2 bed apartments for my budget and will be going out to see them all next week, yours sounds lovely for sure but money talks and I have only so much to offer, I would love to take up your offer regarding talking to you about Turkey as I know absolutly nothing about Turkey and of course I would not like to trip up on any pitfalls and any such advice would be extremely appreciated:yes:

Have a good day

Many thanks

Paul

Antalya

Re Turkey

Hi
      Didnt see your post until now sorry. I understand the price is a problem and nothing can be done about that.

Any help I can offer dont hesitate to ask. 25K for a 2 bedroom property is very low so beware scams. It may be legitimate but do not part with any money to agents, they could very easilly do a runner and you wont get it back unless you can find them and afford a very long drawn legal case and by that time it will be spent so no chance. Very few estate agents are actually qualified and unless you have the tapu (legal document) in your name in your hand again dont hand over your money. What area have you been offered property in? If its local to me I can recommend a good honest solicitor who may be able to do the work for you.

Also for a foreigner to buy in Turkey you have to get permission from the Army who check that the property is not situated on Military land this can take up to 2mnths to receive and without it you cannot buy. A good soicitor will prepare all the paperwork for you and take you to a notar so you can pay a deposit to the owner who will then hold the property for you until you receive permission to buy. He will then guide you through getting the deed put into your name. When thats been done you should make your payment to the owners.

Much more I could say but will wait until you ask further questions. Please dont be afraid to ask anything if I can help I will and if not will put you in touch with my solicitor who speaks English. Dont take any action you wouldnt take in the UK in fact be extra cautious. Good luck Antalya
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Hi Antalya
      I know what you mean about scams, unfortunately it's not just Turkey, although I have heard some horror stories out there of people buying a property but not getting the official paperwork so legally they don't own the house. The hard thing these days is knowing who you can trust.