Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Anyone got a corkscrew?

Elle1971

Idea Anyone got a corkscrew?

Right - it's almost vino o'clock here... now I've fed & walked the dogs... so I thought I'd better introduce myself properly instead of just shoving my twopenneth on the occasional board.

Right - in my best "Blind Date" voice... "Hi! I'm Elle, I'm 39 and I'm from Lanzarote!" *waves like a teen on parade*

I have been here since 2006, and have my own company with my better half (Alan). We have two black labrador dogs, and Alan's eldest now lives with us too (he's Sam, and about to turn 19).

We're down in Playa Blanca, the most southerly resort on the Island... and love it here. We work crazy hours... but when it's your own business, you don't mind so much. I love my wine too (in case you haven't guessed), oh and I gave up smoking 10 days ago. That's been really tough... and I'm yet to see the benefits... but I know I've done the right thing. It's made me realise how much my dogs stink though -as does my stepson - so I'm going to powerhose all three of them this weekend!

Right - I have to run now... but I hope to chat to you all on the boards soon.

Elle xx xx xx

PS: It's ok - I've found the corkscrew. Unfortunately there's no blimmin wine in the fridge, so have sent the big fella to go fetch... whilst I go find my profile and upload a piccie of the big toe on my right foot or something.

¡Hasta pronto!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Hi Elle
      Welcome to the mad house, umm, I mean Brits Abroad.
      So it's your big 40 this year, good luck with that I won't be far behind you. Congratulations on stopping smoking, I've never smoked but I believe it is one of the hardest habits to break, let's hope we can keep you busy on here.
      What kind of business do you have?
      Kate

Elle1971
      Thanks Ktee - always nice to be welcomed.

Yeah - the big 4-0! Eek! I'm ok about it now... although I did have a wobble a few months back (the usual... "I'm old. I'm on the shelf" etc) but I know that's just silly really, as inside I feel the same as when I was 19!

It's been really tough giving up the ciggies.. and I've done it cold turkey too! But it was just the right time for me, and that's the advice I'd give anyone - don't even attempt giving up until YOU are ready!

I'm a little coy about talking about my business on here... as I don't wish to be accused of advertising - but you asked for it LOL. Alan and I run a web design and marketing business. We mainly supply Lanzarote and the UK, although we have clients in the States (some Congress representatives too!) and even China and New Zealand. It keeps us busy and out of trouble. We also have a nightlife website which is going well, and that too has a very busy forum. Plus I run a popular Relocation blog as a hobby. But even after all of that... I still have time for my pals, and a glass of vino or three. Oh, and I'm a keen walker - so go out with a group every other Sunday for a bit of a bimble.

Right - I really do have to disappear now... as I have a website going live today that's a biggie... and I have oodles of stuff to do on it yet!

Thanks again for the welcome Ktee - and I shall no doubt bump into you around the boards.

Elle xxx
      Ktee and Thehatandswag like this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Wow you are a busy lady, I'm surprised you ever had time to smoke lol x
      You could always have a signature with a business link I think Rob permits that. It sounds very interesting what you do.
      Kate

Elle1971
      Yeah - always busy... but I'd rather that than be bored! Saying that... as soon as I stop work for the day I hit the kitchen... feed the men... and then I lay on the sofa and don't move until bedtime ha ha ha!

Ah - thanks honey for the signature info - I shall pop one in later today. Am off again now to populate a website all about Reading (the town, not the activity). Hours of dreary stuff... but it pays well.

Hablo pronto!

Elle xxx
      Ktee likes this.

Thehatandswag
      Quote Originally Posted by Elle1971 View Post
      Yeah - always busy... but I'd rather that than be bored! Saying that... as soon as I stop work for the day I hit the kitchen... feed the men... and then I lay on the sofa and don't move until bedtime ha ha ha!

Ah - thanks honey for the signature info - I shall pop one in later today. Am off again now to populate a website all about Reading (the town, not the activity). Hours of dreary stuff... but it pays well.

Hablo pronto!

Elle xxx
      welcome on board, good to see a tasty chick on here, yummie brum and ktee were getting my undivided attention lol

Elle1971
      Quote Originally Posted by Elle1971 View Post

Hablo pronto!

Elle xxx
      Ha ha ha ha - tasty?! Yeah maybe... but I do have a bitter aftertaste too apparently.

Thanks for the welcome! I was about to comment on how early you were up, but I see you're in Australia. Hope the weather's nice. It's very warm and sunny in Lanzaote today... but quite windy.

Lots to do... so better dahs or I won't get to watch the boxing tonight!

Elle xx
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Liked
      372 times
      Rep
      ophidian is on a distinguished road
      Welcome to the forum, we are basically a friendly bunch here, the troublemakers don't hang around too long except me of course.
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by ophidian View Post
      Welcome to the forum, we are basically a friendly bunch here, the troublemakers don't hang around too long except me of course.
      You aren't a trouble maker are you well, not unless someone says anything negative about the UK pmsl

Elle1971
      Thanks Ophidian. See... there's the problem - I actually AM a troublemaker! But not in forums... I'm a good girl then.

Elle xx
      Ktee likes this.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast