Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By mamahen
    • 1 Post By kingofsiam

Thread: Considering a move to SE Asia, Laos in particular

mamahen

Considering a move to SE Asia, Laos in particular

Hi
      At my age I should be thinking of putting my bum firmly into a comfy sofa, putting my slippered feet up and settling down to watch telly with a nice cup of cocoa. Ha! Nothing could be more different. Having visited my only child (a daughter of 33) in Laos the OH and I have fallen in love with the country and it's people, and seeing as said child is not thinking of coming anywhere near the UK for (ever?) the next few years, we are now thinking of packing our rucksacks again, and heading off to hills of SE Asia.

This is the reason for joining this forum today....to see if anyone else out there is a) as mad as we are and b) to ask advice about that part of the world.

We have lived in Canada (twice) for several years each time, so are experienced with long distance moves but SE Asia is a completely different animal, so any sort of info and advice would be appreciated.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      kingofsiam
      Hi mate, my wife's Dad lives just on the border/ also this area is where my wife predominately works in, so we know it well. Great neck of the woods and we actually prefer it to Thailand. One of our favourite spots is Luang Prabang. Your plans sound good, great access for Vietnam, Cambodia etc. If you need further information please pm me delighted to help.

KOS
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Just wanted to say hi and welcome to BA.