• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Good morning/afternoon/evening

Title
      Liked
      77 times
      Rep
      twinsmom65 is on a distinguished road
      Hi ya Sparks, and welcome to Brits Abroad.

Canada eh !!.... good choice. I emigrated to Canada 30 years ago.... did a 2 year stint in Australia but returned back to Canada last December (just in time for a white xmas). Whereabouts in BC are you looking to move to. My BF lives in the Fraser Valley. I love Vancouver, beautiful city !!.

Cheers

Karen

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      455 times
      Rep
      yummybrummy is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by sparks will fly View Post
      Well YB as you know I'm going to emmigrate to Canada, I have a lot of friends there as I have been studying there on and off since 2009. I love my home here in England but i've decided on a new career and life in Canada. I see you're in UAE, are you a permanent resident there or a worker? I bet it's a nice place
      Morning SWF, what were you studying in Canada and will that be your springboard towards what employment you will seek? Where in UK are you at the moment.

Yes, am in UAE. Moved from UK to Egypt initially but Cairo was somewhat of an eye-raiser and was pretty desperate to escape there, however I don't regret one iota living there as it all adds to life's experience. Am much happier here, working and have a permanent residency visa. Not sure how long I shall stay as Dubai is very transitional, probably another 5 years maximum. It is a lovely place but very plastic and has no soul. I think as long as you're aware that your roots won't be planted there you just carry on with the knowledge that it's only a temporary stop gap.

I'd dearly love to settle down on a Greek island but probably in order to achieve that I will have to meet a lucrative Adonis
      Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves - Confucious

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12