Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hi...Newby here

CaroleMc

Hi...Newby here

:v_SPIN:Hi my name is Carole and myself and hubby is wanting to start a new life in Lanzarote pref around Puerto Del Carmen/Matagorda area. We need info to find out where the local ExPats hang out to get advice on how to go about living and working abroad and to access the job situation in Lanzarote. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated via this website also. Cheers......

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      purple
      Hi Carole,

Welcome to Britsabroad. :)
      I'm hopeful that some of our members will be able to give you some advice on your questions.
      Good luck with moving, and enjoy the message boards here!
      CaroleMc likes this.

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Hi
      welcome to BA
      Sorry i can't help with Lanzarote but lots of luck with your plans. We had many happy holidays in Lanzarote ,the place is lovely and people friendly. Good Luck with everything
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

CaroleMc
      Thanks Purple and Cal, we absolutely adore Lanzarote and really hope to achieve our dream moving there within 18 months, thanks for your replies :O) x
      Ktee likes this.

purple
      I'm sure you'll achieve it if you want it bad enough, Carole. :)
      CaroleMc likes this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Hi Carole, welcome to BA. I think you will find most of the expats in Lanzarote are based in Tias or Puerto Del Carmen.
      Work wise, what kind of job are you looking for, do you speak Spanish?
      I am not sure if you have children but there is an English speaking school Colegio Hispano Britanico - British School in Lanzarote
      Kate
      CaroleMc likes this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Found this video for Lanzarote

CaroleMc likes this.

CaroleMc
      Thanks for the info Kate, fortunately for us the children are grown up so no schools to sort out. I currently work in a NHS hospital in the Cardiology Dept so if there is any work in their hospital would be great, failing that I am currently in the process of brushing up my Nail and Beauty skills as I have certificates in this area or I have qualifications in Travel and Tourism and worked in an airport as an Aircraft Dispatcher and my husband is a time served Heating and Plumbing Engineer but can do anything from electrics, plastering, building work, etc. We have both enrolled at a language college and start next month that will teach us from beginners spanish to level 2/3/4 however far we want to go. We have holidayed a lot in the last few years to Lanzarote and we next go at Easter but this time we want to locate the ExPats to give us their version of life on the island especially work wise. We want to really put a lot of planning into this to make sure it will work for us as we would both be giving up our jobs back home and the last thing we want is for it not to work out hence why I want to get as much info in the next year as we hope to be living there by summer 2012.....Carole. x
      Ktee likes this.

Elle1971
      Hello from a Lanzarote resident!

Just joined today as a Google search brought me here - and I was about to mosey over and introduce myself... but I thought I'd do a quick search for "Lanzarote" and found you.

I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have about living here. I haven't found the rules about posting links yet... so I won't for now... but I do actually run a hobby blog that is all about moving to, and living in, Lanzarote.

Good luck with the move - and yell if you need anything... I'm always happy to help.

Elle xx

PS: Easier to find work in Puerto del Carmen than Matagorda... but better to live in Matagorda as far as quietness at night goes. Both sweeping generalisations, but a good starting point. I'm down the south in Playa Blanca, but I get up to Carmen quite often. Was up there on Tuesday this week for a few meetings.
      Ktee likes this.

zaccolbert
      I'm a newbie too and just wanted to say hi to everybody, so, HI everybody!

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast