Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      WanderingBrit

Hi there. 'Nearly' expat here.

Hi there!

Not quite an expat here.

Hoping to be able to leave the country by this time next year.

Not really decided where yet. I just know I need to get out of this country.

I have taken a TEFL course and was maybe thinking about teaching English in Asia, maybe South Korea.

Hoping to gain some knowledge from seasoned expats, and maybe share some info that I come across while doing my research. Atm, I am just researching without any real objective. Reading every little article and every blog that is even slightly relevant. I sort of feel like a bull in a china shop - just rushing about with a sort of ignorant enthusiasm

Hope to see you around!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Hi, welcome to Brits Abroad. Are you looking for a visa or are you just going to hit the road and see where you end up.

WanderingBrit
      I want to hit the road and see where I end up, for sure.

I find that I sometimes over complicate things and get too bogged down in details. So, this time, let's see where the wind takes me. (Such an awful cliché, I do apologise.)

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Sounds great, I wish I could do that, but unfortunately when you have children it ties you down a little lol x

WanderingBrit
      Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      Sounds great, I wish I could do that, but unfortunately when you have children it ties you down a little lol x
      Haha, I am sure! Where are you located then? Anywhere exotic?

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Hi Wandering Brit, welcome to BA,, i envy you being able to just 'take off' ,lol, like Kate, we are somewhat tied with the Kids although i do fancy taking a year out and traveling around Oz. Lots of luck on your adventures

Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBrit View Post
      Haha, I am sure! Where are you located then? Anywhere exotic?
      We spent 6/7 years in Melbourne and have now moved to Cairns, to me this is a very tropical exotic place and I love it.

WanderingBrit
      When I went traveling before I went to University, I did the Australia thing.

Loved it - especially Melbourne and Cairns. Honestly, Melbourne is the best city I have ever visited. No where in the world can you wander about in nothing but shorts, drunk out of your head, showing a random girl where Hungry Jacks is only to walk (with bare feet) into freshly painted road markings.

At the time, I couldn't understand how I was managed to be followed by the man who had painted the roads. Of course it was because my footprints gave me away!

Cairns is my favourite place in the entire world. Spent about 2 months there in a 7 month trip to Australia. Stayed on the esplanade and didn't want to leave! I was there during Hurricane "Larry" which was intense and totally amazing to witness such awesome destruction. It also made white water rafting up on the Barron.

Amazing people in Cairns, too!

Would love to go back there, maybe to live, but I feel that I need to challenge myself and go to a country that isn't English-speaking...at least for now!