Like Tree39Likes

Thread: just to say hello,

Title
      Liked
      29 times
      Rep
      An Idiot Abroad is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Thehatandswag View Post
      Well mate you sound a genuine guy and why not go for it, its a great country. I had a girlfriend who is a bush ranger, legs upto er back side as well, doll of a thing, didna work out though, distance love and all that.

Do you need a visa mate?
      Sounds like a great girl, address please. I need a visa, don't know where to start really, too old for working holiday visa, but looking at different options. But my wife has made it very obvious that she won't come out though.
      Thehatandswag likes this.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Thehatandswag
      Quote Originally Posted by An Idiot Abroad View Post
      Sounds like a great girl, address please. I need a visa, don't know where to start really, too old for working holiday visa, but looking at different options. But my wife has made it very obvious that she won't come out though.
      Well mate, she is in your desired neck of the woods, will have to dig out the dog and bone // for ya.

Never mind the Mrs. She is entitled to her POV, you deserve a life too mate!!

Thehatandswag
      Talking about those snakes, ave a butchers at this////

THE hunt for one of the Far North's largest snakes has shifted to Kuranda.
      An amethystine python, which is at least 6m long and which calls the rainforest town home, will be the subject of a documentary to air on the Discovery Channel and National Geographic Channel.
      The python has been living on the property of a local woman, and has been regularly spotted slithering about her home for the past 25 years.
      The woman does not want her identity nor her address
      identified.
      Australian Venom Zoo proprietor Stuart Douglas, who will help the film crew try to find the python in coming weeks, said the woman was concerned about her grandchildren encountering the large reptile.
      "She’s a bit worried about it, but we’re just trying to film it in its actual habitat, rather than remove it," Mr Douglas said.
      Amethystine pythons are Australia’s largest snakes, with reports of them growing up to 8.5m.
      Large pythons devouring pets has become a constant issue at Kuranda, which is surrounded by rainforest.
      "The snakes are mainly going for dogs," Mr Douglas said.
      Earlier this week, the Yorkeys Knob-based Hekili Outrigger Canoe Club raised concerns an orgy of pythons was in danger of bringing the roof down on their boatshed.
      About six scrub pythons, all at least 3.5m long, were breeding in the roof, attracted by a female nicknamed Nigini who was thought to be 6m long.
      Two of the snakes, one measuring 3.5m and the other 4.5m, have so far been removed by Cairns snake catcher David Walton.
      Since the story appeared in The Cairns Post on Wednesday, it has made international
      headlines.
      Mr Walton, who was hoping to return to the boatshed today, said the snakes had found good hiding spots inside the roof and were unreachable.

I’m just sort of waiting for one of the club members to spot one of them out and about," he said.
      "Every few days, I might just drive out there and spring it in the back part of the roof.
      "Maybe I should take a swag out there and wait for it."
      An Idiot Abroad likes this.

Trueblue
      Howdy to the new faces, hows it all hanging guys and gals?
      Ktee and An Idiot Abroad like this.

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345