Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Ping Pong is on a distinguished road

Moved back to the U.K.

I have been living in Brisbane for 5 years and moved back to the U.K at the end of last year . Work had become dificult to find and cost of living increases were getting higher so we weighed it up and thought with the exchange rate we would have a better standard of living here. Whilst that is the case and my husband found work quite easy I am very fed up and miss Brisbane but he does not is there anyone else out there with a similar situation.
      Thanks
      Ping Pong

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Ziggy is on a distinguished road
      Welcome Ping Pong to the forum, personally I am not in the same situation, but I am sure your not alone ..... good luck .....
      "I'm an instand star, just add water and stir" ..... David Bowie

Title
      Liked
      210 times
      Rep
      tonyman is on a distinguished road
      Hi PP , why don't you suggest another State in Oz , that might just trigger something off with him and give you some hope ?

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      896 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Hi Ping Pong, it's very hard isn't it when you both want different things. My hubby wants to return home for a support network I think but myself and the kids don't want to go.
      For one I would struggle with the cold lol.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      TimTam is on a distinguished road
      Hi, This looks like an old thread, but I was wondering how you're settling in now? I have also moved back to the UK from Brisbane and am doing it a bit tough with 're-settling.' Been here several months, but still no job which is a worry... How long did it take you to feel settled again? Hope everything has worked out for you :)