Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New British Food Abroad website

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      itye1970 is on a distinguished road

New British Food Abroad website

A new site has launched www.britishfoodabroad.co.uk, which delivers good old UK food to customers abroad! The prices are very reasonable and they have over 3000 products at the moment with more to be added.

They deliver to most countries world wide and use a reputable delivery company (parcelforce) which allows customers to track their parcels
      seasidefrance likes this.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      Nice website, but WOW at the prices, I think it's cheaper to buy the imported stuff here! Although I can just about 'survive' on the local produce ;)
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
      Nice website, but WOW at the prices, I think it's cheaper to buy the imported stuff here! Although I can just about 'survive' on the local produce ;)
      Compared to other similar sites it is one of the cheapest, plus does have over 3000 products. what imported stuff do you mean? are you able to get all the products where you are?

check out other sites and you see what i mean eg www.britishcornershop.co.uk and see how much more they are.

I think the prices are lower than average of other sites, plus they do get delivered direct to your door.

emmalou306
      I think the prices are extremely reasonable, Im living in Spain and the prices for the britishfoodabroad.co.uk website are much lower than similar sites Ive used in the past by quite a margin. also the website is easy to navigate and so much to choose from. Ive put my order in today and am looking forward to eating some good old British Food! Many Thanks for the link

sirlouston
      I just used britishfoodabroad.co.uk and they delivered in plenty of time! no breakages and all delivered as asked. will use again. after using britishcornershop.co.uk i realised how expensive they were, they offer this low delivery but check their product prices and you will see they seem to add the cost of delivery onto their products! if you look on britishexpats.info you will see how expensive they are!

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      My goodness I nearly had an heart attack, went in to order one 170g of Bisto granules priced at 1.57 all going well until I reached the check out total of 160.56 The Postage to Oz states 158.99. I am afraid you can keep your Bisto, I'll buy it locally in Cairns

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      My goodness I nearly had an heart attack, went in to order one 170g of Bisto granules priced at 1.57 all going well until I reached the check out total of 160.56 The Postage to Oz states 158.99. I am afraid you can keep your Bisto, I'll buy it locally in Cairns
      Must be in a gold plated jar?!

Thanks for reminding me to text hubby to get gravy

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      well thats cheaper than most similar sites ! check the prices at britishexpats info , British corner shop charge 1.99 and charge over 5.00 for rice compared to the others at 3.65, they seem to charge extra on products to fund their delivery prices! Postage is charged at the rate the couriers charge, all couriers charge around the same price if not more. Also this is for 30 kilos of weight minimum. Goods can be delivered for less if you have less weight in the cart. contact them to find out

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Postage is charged at the rate the couriers charge, all couriers charge around the same price if not more and other online stores charge more for delivery. Also if you check the shipping link on the site shipping is charged at weights up to 30 kilos.

Goods can be delivered for less if you have less than a certain weight in the cart. contact them to find out if you are ordering one product of very little weight.

Product prices are cheaper than most sites. for example British corner shop charge for example 5.29 for uncle bens rice compared to 3.65 on britishfoodabroad, Dairy milk on british foodabroad is 4.48 compared to 5.69 on British Corner Shop. Once you purchase a lot of products on british corner shop this adds up and becomes very expensive!
      Last edited by itye1970; 25-12-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by itye1970 View Post
      Postage is charged at the rate the couriers charge, all couriers charge around the same price if not more and other online stores charge more for delivery. Also if you check the shipping link on the site shipping is charged at weights up to 30 kilos.

Goods can be delivered for less if you have less than a certain weight in the cart. contact them to find out if you are ordering one product of very little weight.

Product prices are cheaper than most sites. for example British corner shop charge for example 5.29 for uncle bens rice compared to 3.65 on britishfoodabroad, Dairy milk on british foodabroad is 4.48 compared to 5.69 on British Corner Shop. Once you purchase a lot of products on british corner shop this adds up and becomes very expensive!
      You keep going on about how cheap it is (obviously you own the place) but come on who the hell is going to pay 160.56 for a tub of Bisto. Just checked with the British Lolly Shop and it's $4.25 and $2.50 if I want it posting, so come on being cheaper than other stores in the UK makes no difference as it's the postage costs that count.

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast