Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New British Food Abroad website

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      itye1970 is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      You keep going on about how cheap it is (obviously you own the place) but come on who the hell is going to pay 160.56 for a tub of Bisto. Just checked with the British Lolly Shop and it's $4.25 and $2.50 if I want it posting, so come on being cheaper than other stores in the UK makes no difference as it's the postage costs that count.
      The postage costs are being updated as there were issues with some of the weights, it wont cost 160 for a tub of bisto, the website is being updated. However unlike other sites who claim to charge a high price for the products, check the total cost of shopping including vat and delivery and you will see that British Food Abroad is one of the cheapest. the British lolly shop charge a huge 4.49 for brown sauce and their prices are in dollars! You talk about delivery prices, if product prices are high and you buy multiple items you are most likely paying more for the shipping costs too!

British food abroad charge 1.44. about 4 times cheaper for the above example of hp sauce than the 4.49 charged by the British Lolly shop

Delivery on British food abroad for this 1 item will be 5.70 but 9.63 on british lolly shop. Also British lolly shop only deliver to australia! British Food abroad deliver worldwide!

Therefore total cost of shopping for above
      British food abroad = 7.14
      British Lolly shop = 14.12!

The British Food Abroad site is being updated with new delivery prices and better delivery options and will be back online in mid jan
      Last edited by itye1970; 02-01-2013 at 09:05 AM.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      British Lolly Shop is in my town so no I don't pay 14.12. I just pay my $4
      Im sure America also has British shops.
      Maybe if you want to advertise you could offer a free p & p to admin then we can tell members if you are better

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      We have Target, Publix, Walmart, World Market, Whole Foods etc who all sell British food or equivalents :) The husband bought Bisto for under $4 (2.40) :) Although we didn't move to the US to then buy British food, if it wasn't available in the supermarket we certainly wouldn't bother buying it off the internet at high prices....it's not as if we moved to a third world country, then of course you would probably have postal issues ;)
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      I have to say our woolies and coles sell some British Food, ie weetabix, tea bags, red cabbage but nothing in the gravy range and that's all I miss. I love my chips but I can manage without and if needed I would manage without the gravy.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      itye1970 is on a distinguished road
      the site has been updated with more delivery options. More options are now available for USA, France and Italy and more countries to follow very soon. We will also be offering forum members discounts in the very near future! We will be issuing voucher codes for site members to use on our site. Many Thanks for the feedback.

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      I have to say our woolies and coles sell some British Food, ie weetabix, tea bags, red cabbage but nothing in the gravy range and that's all I miss. I love my chips but I can manage without and if needed I would manage without the gravy.
      Red Cabbage !!!!!!,, now you have me drooling,lol, none of my local supermarkets sell it ,the nearest one i know that does is 30 mins away..I use red cabbage like the kids use Ketchup,, or should i say ,i used to,lol

Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by itye1970 View Post
      We will also be offering forum members discounts in the very near future! We will be issuing voucher codes for site members to use on our site.
      And I suppose you have asked admin if you can advertise on their forum? Umm didn't think so. Oh and in future please do not create fake accounts to promote your business, it makes it so obvious and I think you will find there are legal complications in doing so should admin wish to take it further.
      Cal and Pink like this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
      Red Cabbage !!!!!!,, now you have me drooling,lol, none of my local supermarkets sell it ,the nearest one i know that does is 30 mins away..I use red cabbage like the kids use Ketchup,, or should i say ,i used to,lol

Cal x
      Ok I'll stock pile red cabbage for you and you can stock pile toilet rolls for when we have the next cyclone
      Cal likes this.

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      LOL. Sounds like a deal,,lol

Cal x

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Oooh Ooohh our local woolys has English Bisto Kate if thats any good, i wonder if i can post it up to you as its not that heavy is it? or will i get in trouble for sending brown powder or granuals via the post,lmao

Cal x

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast