Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By 9sheets

Thread: St. Georges falls on "Holy Saturday" this Easter! I've never heard of a piss-up after

9sheets

Huh? St. Georges falls on "Holy Saturday" this Easter! I've never heard of a piss-up after

St. Georges falls on "Holy Saturday" this Easter! I've never heard of a piss-up after Good Friday, unless it's some sought of wake ?

I've always thought St. Georges should be as big as St. Paddys

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      St paddy's day means nothing to me, in fact i deliberately stay in to avoid the paddys (pseudo and otherwise) prancing about in their stupid giant leprechaun hats drinking guiness and singing diddly diddley songs.
      As for St George, hes just some turk.
      The true Patron St of England is (no not St Kev) St Edmund and his day is on the 20th of November. That said St Goerge will do for now as a day to be proud of my country of birth and all things English.
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      118 times
      Rep
      cerberus1 is on a distinguished road
      Had forgotten in was St Patricks's day yesterday and went into Cairns last night for a meal. To be sure, it was like half the population of the Emerald Isle was on a pub crawl. Can't recall seeing any St George's day celebrations while I've been in Oz

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      no, you wouldn't. :dull:

9sheets
      same here in Canada although I saw one of the U.K breweries doing some such thing.
      The potential is enormous, bowler hats, top hats etc. the food & booze...fashion, music
      What a great culture.

If a moderator is reading this I do think you would get a lot of mileage with a major heading

BRIT Food & Booze ?
      Aldo likes this.

Thehatandswag
      Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
      St paddy's day means nothing to me, in fact i deliberately stay in to avoid the paddys (pseudo and otherwise) prancing about in their stupid giant leprechaun hats drinking guiness and singing diddly diddley songs.
      The true Patron St of England is (no not St Kev) St Edmund and his day is on the 20th of November. That said St Goerge will do for now as a day to be proud of my country of birth and all things English.
      I dont get this (no not St Kev) St Edmund! St George I understand but the latter No! who were these people then? enlighten us please! St Edmund the Martyr English eh?
      Last edited by Thehatandswag; 19-03-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Thehatandswag
      Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
      Mate you seriously know how to insult other nationalities eh! Couldnt just be that this is as special to the Irish as your saints are to you!! Had some great times with the irish, a great race to be sure!

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Thehatandswag View Post
      Mate you seriously know how to insult other nationalities eh! Couldnt just be that this is as special to the Irish as your saints are to you!! Had some great times with the irish, a great race to be sure!
      Mate, I've got many Irish friends as well, I just can't stand all the silly green hats and the fake paddys. Don't see how thats insulting TBH.