Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By thearmchairdetective

Thread: Uk to USA

RubySparkles

Uk to USA

Hey all,

I'm Ruby, not really sure what to write on an "introduce yourself" kind of thing.

I'm currently in the UK wanting to move to the USA within the next 6 months (ideally) or within the next year (max).

I've signed up here hoping I'll pick up some advice, tips and witty banter/stories from everyone who has made the leap from the UK to another country :)

Okay, I guess thats all for now.
      I'll look forward to meeting you all around the site, feel free to ask me any questions etc.

Ruby xx

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      Hi Ruby, welcome to the site.
      Purp or one of the other USA migrants will be along soon to help you out.
      regards
      T
      Last edited by purple; 01-10-2010 at 03:49 PM.
      purple likes this.

purple
      Hi Ruby,

As Tony the Armchair Detective said, welcome to the forum :)

I'm actually one of the USA migrants that he referred to, so hopefullly I can pass some information your way.

Unless you already have a visa granted ro you, or hold US citizenship (a US passport) you'll need an immigrant visa. What kind of visa are you hoping to use to move to the USA? There are a few different ones.

A little background information on yourself helps us know what kind of information we might be able to give you to start with.

The link here to the official US immigration service website will give you plenty of relevant information to getting a greencard for residency in the USA, if you haven't already looked at it before. USCIS Home Page

If you let us know what way you are looking to move here, ie work, family, investment, buying a business, etc., maybe I'll be able to offer some more relevant help. :)

All the best :)

purps

PS the witty banter usually comes from Tony, or Tim ;)
      Last edited by purple; 01-10-2010 at 03:48 PM.