Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Results 1 to 10 of 10
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By purple

    Thread: Christmas!


    1. #1
      Tim
      Tim is offline

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Posts
      294
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road

      Christmas!

      For those that post their xmas cards to the Uk from Australia... the last sea mail is on the 15th September to arrive in the uk xmas. :spinny:

    2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
    3. #2
      purple
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
      For those that post their xmas cards to the Uk from Australia... the last sea mail is on the 15th September to arrive in the uk xmas. :spinny:

      Does anyone even use sea mail to send christmas cards from Oz?
      Good grief Tim, what a lot of cheapskates you must have down there!

    4. #3
      Cal
      Cal is offline

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Jimboomba,Brisbane
      Posts
      630
      Liked
      217 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Just Tim who is the cheap skate,lol . I cant believe how quick christmas has come around again though !!

      Cal x

      Remember the road to success is always under construction...

    5. #4
      Tim
      Tim is offline

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Posts
      294
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
      Does anyone even use sea mail to send christmas cards from Oz?
      Good grief Tim, what a lot of cheapskates you must have down there!
      Well they used to... when I was a kid..... lol.......before the internet.. gawd I sound old

      Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
      Just Tim who is the cheap skate,lol . I cant believe how quick christmas has come around again though !!

      Cal x
      I'm still trying to get over lasy christmas... I' sure the xmas decorations will suddenly apprear in exactly three weeks. Last year in early October I went to Kmart and they were playing christmas carols. Jeez!

    6. #5
      Cal
      Cal is offline

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Jimboomba,Brisbane
      Posts
      630
      Liked
      217 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
      Well they used to... when I was a kid..... lol.......before the internet.. gawd I sound old
      I thought it was carrier pigeon and telegrams when you were a child? lol or was that just in emergancys?
      lol

      Cal x

      Remember the road to success is always under construction...

    7. #6
      purple
      Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
      I thought it was carrier pigeon and telegrams when you were a child? lol or was that just in emergancys?
      lol
      No, it was smoke signals and drum beats in emergencies. ;)
      Cal likes this.

    8. #7

      Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      257
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      Tim, First it's being cold thru lack of clothing and now its sea mail.
      Spend some money Tim, enjoy yourself. :)

    9. #8
      purple
      Quote Originally Posted by thearmchairdetective View Post
      Tim, First it's being cold thru lack of clothing and now its sea mail.
      Spend some money Tim, enjoy yourself. :)
      Are you worried that he's in danger of becoming one of those stereotypical "whinging poms" that the Aussies talk about, Tony? ;)

    10. #9

      Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      257
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      Oo, I do hope not.

    11. #10
      897nicole
      You had "carrier pigeon and telegrams" gosh you are posh.
      On a serious note, sending gifts by sea save you loads of money.
      You could just put everything into a glass bottle, throw it into the sea, and hope it make its way to the UK, it might take a while as next day delivery is not guaranteed.