Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: Driving licence

Stevo52

Driving licence

I have recently moved to Winnipeg MB after taking a position with a Canadian company, I have work permit and SIN etc. I am at present driving a rental car but want to buy my own so want to find out what the requirements are for a Brit to drive legally here, any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks Stevo.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

mansonhc

Driving Licence

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo52 View Post
      I have recently moved to Winnipeg MB after taking a position with a Canadian company, I have work permit and SIN etc. I am at present driving a rental car but want to buy my own so want to find out what the requirements are for a Brit to drive legally here, any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks Stevo.
      Hi - I am here in Calgary, Alberta and we did not have to sit a test, but it might be different for Manitoba, we just swapped our UJK licences for Alberta ones.

I found this site that gives you some information

http://www.mpi.mb.ca/english/dr_lice...ForeignDL.html

Calman
      I live in the Okanagan Valley in BC. I am originally from Scotland and jumped the pond back in 2002. In this province, you have to re-sit your driving test, although the good news being, you don't have to give up your UK Drving Licence (once you pass of course). I believe that in other provinces, if you do a straight swap, you are effectively giving up your UK DL?

All the best.