Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Results 1 to 3 of 3
    1. #1

      Kids schooling on temporary work visa

      We are applying for a temporary work visa for BC as the permanant residence process is taking so long and the job offer for my husband in Vancouver could expire if we wait. This is fine, but i am concerned that the kids((&16) will not be eligable to attend school on this visa. Trying to get infor out of the CIC is a mission, can anyone help or advise


    2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
    3. #2
      We moved to Canada 5 years ago with a temporary work Visa - there was no problem enrolling the kids in school as they received student Visas on entry to Canada - check out the CIC web site.

    4. #3
      Burton Bunch
      Yeah kids of a TWP holder are entitled to have schooling and no international fees are charged but beware you may have to apply for study permits for them but this rule seems to change with the wind:wub: