• 1 Post By NovaMike

Thread: New employment rules for Foreign workers in Nova Scotia

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      NovaMike is on a distinguished road

New employment rules for Foreign workers in Nova Scotia

It was announced yesterday that Nova Scotia have amended their labour employment laws (from May 2013) so that the only individuals that can assist an employer to hire a foreign worker, or assist a foreign worker, with finding employment, must be licenced and can only apply to be licenced if they are an Immigration consultant or a Lawyer!
      This replicates the legal framework already in place in Manitoba.

This does not apply in assisting those with their PR.
      Ktee likes this.
      Mike Wilson
      uk2novascotia.com

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      To be honest I think that's a good thing and after hearing of a scam going off in Australia recently of people being charged in the hope these scam companies will find them a job offering sponsorship I wish it would be implemented over here.
      I don't know if Canada is like Australia where as anyone can start a company and try and find people jobs for cash. It is the easiest way to make money ever for doing nothing. It's like saying give me a $1000 whilst i sit at home on my backside and just have a glance at the job sites for you now and again and if you are lucky I may forward your cv off to a couple, wow it's the easiest $1000 ever earned.

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      NovaMike is on a distinguished road
      Yes, licencing is great but the problem occurs in that this is now a monopoly for consultants and lawyers (who it has been said, often use a 'job' as an enticement to partake in their services). Charging a client for a job has always been illegal, as it should be but this change now means that recruiters cannot recruit internationally! In fact it would be illegal for an admin assistant (who works for a licenced consultant) to even work on a case file. It will now be illegal for a resume writer to write a resume for an international applicant; it would be illegal for an individual (say and expat living here) to put someone in touch with a company for a job; it will be illegal for a mid size/ small company (without a licenced consultant) to deal with a foreign worker. Good in theory but this will restrict access to jobs for would be new immigrants.
      Mike Wilson
      uk2novascotia.com